Admission Requirements for Doctoral Program
UCSY awarded more than 200 Doctor of Philosophy degrees since 2004. The UCSY's Doctorals degree programme is primilarily a research programme with broad area of specialisations. But, every Ph.D candidates also need to take the one-year course work to get the advanced knowledge and ideas in their research work.
- Application for admission
- Official transcripts and proof of degree completion from all colleges and universities attended
- Two copies of parents' National Identity Card
- Two letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes
- The candidates must possess at least one master degree relating information technology.
- The candidates must take the entrance exam for English Proficiency and General Knowledge.
- The candidates are required to submit the recommendation of two referees.
- The candidates are required to also submit the recommendation of department head.
Programme Structure for Doctoral Degree ( Ph.D (IT) )
- Candidates have to attend one year (two semesters) course work and at least two year research work.
- Candidates are required to pass all semesters in mid-term and final examination of course work.
- Candidates are required to fulfill the attendance percentage up to 75% of course work. Otherwise they have no chance to sit for the exams.
- Research work resumes continuously after successful completion of course work exam.
Duration of Programme
The Doctoral programme is full-time and divided into two semesters in course work year.
|:||June to October|
|:||October to March|
Candidates must achieve a successful completion of their course work and research.