Natural Language Processing
Natural Language Processing (NLP) Lab was started in 2006 at University of Computer Studies, Yangon (UCSY) under Ministry of Science and Technology. The web address of the lab is http://www.nlpresearch-ucsy.edu.mm.
Some of the works of the NLP lab are available online. They are
NLP lab is currently working in collaboration with NECTEC (Thailand National Electronics and Computer Technology Center) and NICT (National Institute of Information and Communication Technology) for joint researches, researcher exchange, publishing conference papers, journals and articles, and doing joint NLP workshops.
Aim of Research
The main aim of the NLP researches is to overcome language barrier since language processing is becoming more and more important in globalization age, today. The lab is doing many Natural Language Processing researches and projects to be applied conveniently in many systems that are used by Myanmar. It can do a great help for the users.
Domain of Research
- English to Myanmar Machine Translation
- Myanmar to English Machine Translation
- Automatic Speech Recognition
- Text to Speech
- Myanmar Information Retrieval
- Myanmar Morphological Analysis
- Building Asia Language Treebank
- Multilingual Parallel Text Collection
- Myanmar Name Entity Recognition and Transliteration
- Myanmar Text Summarization
Members of NLP Lab